Welcome and hope you enjoy our life adoption blog!
Well here goes nothing, our first ever blog post. Cameron, (my husband of 7 wonderful years) and I have begun the journey of international adoption. And oh do we see why most refer to it as a journey. It has been full of ups and downs, tears, joy, fear, and a lot of unknown. Sometime yet to come we will be blessed with a child or children from Ghana, a country in West Africa. Our Dossier (why I capitalize Dossier so often is beyond me, I think due to all the time, effort, and sweat that went into that package of documents it should have a more official looking title, so for now, I still feel attached and will capitalize it :) Our Dossier made it in country, it is actually in Ghana right now! We have no notion if they like it or if it has even been opened. Fingers crossed they have read through and are working on our match.......fingers crossed!
For now we have been settling into our new home in West Olive, MI. We moved in 4 moths ago, and although living "outside of town" is taking some getting used to, we do love being on the pond and closer to Cam's work.
As you can see Penny has adapted well to her new home! She LOVES the water, although not the strongest swimmer, she still loves it! I couldn't get through the first ever blog post without a picture of Penny.
This was our Dossier picture! Thanks to our new neighbor for snapping the shot!
Great first post! I just started a blog too (stamping related of course!). I sure hope the waiting ends soon for you and that you'll be traveling to Ghana soon to meet your little guy or girl!
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the blogosphere! So excited to get to read about your journey to parenthood!!!!
ReplyDelete